TCD Communications and Media Outreach Manager
To manage all communications and media outreach for the Tata Centre for Development (TCD). Be responsible for implementing TCD’s communication strategy, support the research teams to appropriately communicate the findings and contribute towards organisational brand building.
This is a position at the University of Chicago Trust. The University of Chicago Trust is a charitable trust in India, established by The University of Chicago, to provide Indian citizens residing in India an avenue to support University of Chicago education and research projects in India. Applicants must be willing to travel frequently.
This position is grant-funded for up to March 2020 with the potential for future renewal.
- Strategize, design, and execute effective communication strategies for translating the research findings of all projects supported by TCD.
- Develop a comprehensive communication and social mobilisation plan in coordination with the policy advocacy team.
- Anchor the Social and Digital Media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Ideate and design collateral like Monthly Newsletter, Annual Report, etc to create awareness about TCD and its projects.
- Develop press releases, videos, white papers, brochures, speeches, Q&As, power point presentations, info-graphics, newsletters, leadership messages, executive announcements etc
- Drive organisational efforts towards carving and spreading TCD’s narrative of change
- Plan for the developing the brand of TCD through stakeholder workshops, needs assessments, and compilation of secondary research
- Develop communication briefs and creatives for print/AV media formats.
- Liaise with the relevant agencies / vendors for the production of communication materials
- Support ongoing initiatives within TCD and its partners with technical inputs so as to bring common messaging across the key stakeholders
- Coordinate and execute public events such as Conferences, Symposiums, Press Conferences and Summits
- Prepare annual and quarterly plan for communication in consultation with the all stakeholders and technical staff of the project
- Drive positive coverage across a broad range of media, including technology, academia, and industry peers.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Public Relations/ Communications/Journalism/with 10 years' or more of related work experience.
- At least 5 years' experience in the field of strategic communications; Experience in the development and/or research sector would be an added advantage
- Excellent command over written and spoken English
- Understanding and familiarity with a range of communication channels and approaches
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, especially scientific and technical information
- Demonstrated experience writing results for scientific publication (preferred).
Apply online, including your resume and cover letter. For questions, contact Leni Chaudhuri, TCD Country Director (LChaudhuri@uchicagotrust.org)
Tata Centre for Development
The Tata Centre for Development at UChicago (TCD) works to identify novel solutions to India's most
pressing development challenges and to ensure that these ideas are translated into outcomes that
improve people's lives. We do this using a unique approach that harnesses rigorous, evidence-based
insights from UChicago economics research combined with strategic outreach and partnership with
government, industry, and innovators. Representing the joint work of the Tata Trusts and the
University of Chicago, TCD is creating a new model for impact in India. TCD is an affiliated center of the Becker Friedman Institute for Economics.
UChicago Trust in India
The University of Chicago Trust (the Trust) is a charitable trust in India, established by the University of Chicago, to provide grants and support to educational research programs and activities of the
University of Chicago in India.