Collaborations for Impact in Education (CFI-Ed) India
University of Chicago researchers John List and Dana Suskind are leading the new CFI-Ed India initiative, which will establish a network of sites in India to replicate the most promising educational interventions. The University of Chicago Trust in India is looking to hire a Team Manager for CFI-Ed India to help establish partnerships between researchers based in India, with connections to early childhood educational systems, and school systems. The focus of this role will be to establish and maintain a fruitful network of sites and researchers implementing interventions. This work will run in parallel to our CFI-Ed U.S. network. The Team Manager has the opportunity to gain research experience, benefit from exposure to the University of Chicago Economics Experiments initiative, and help make a difference in India.
Not only is CFI-Ed interested in replicating educational interventions, but we anticipate that our research will inform John List's recent work on the science of scaling-or why effect sizes found in small RCTs do not always manifest when an intervention is brought to scale.
The position is based in Delhi and requires extensive travel to field sites. It is a one-year contract with the option of renewal.
- Recruit researchers and sites for the network.
- Work with India- and US-based researchers to identify intervention(s) to replicate before scale-up.
- Manage a team of researchers and Research Assistants in India to ensure projects are designed, implemented, and studied with fidelity.
- Perform data collection and initial cleaning/analysis.
EDCUATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- An advanced degree (Master's or PhD) in Economics, Public Policy, Public Health, Statistics, or related field.
- Familiarity with and interest in educational interventions and policy concerns in India.
- 2-5 years' experience working in research, randomized control trials, and navigating communication with researcher-policymaker relationships.
- Ability to manage a team of research assistants who will help implement interventions.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience working in Stata (preferred), R, or other data analysis software.
Please fill out this Google Form. Candidates can expect to hear back within 3 weeks of applying.
For additional information about this position, please contact Min Sok Lee at email@example.com.