The importance of capacity building in strengthening an organization’s human capital is well recognized worldwide.
Such capacity building is particularly important in the public sector, given its role as an enabler in the social and economic ecosystem. The Executive Education Division fills this need for capacity building while encouraging scaling solutions that have been proven to work. The executive education program will build on insights from the Tata Centre’s research and implementation efforts as well as proven best practices from around the globe.
The Tata Centre’s model for executive education builds on opportunities in the existing landscape of training for public sector professionals.
A number of features distinguish the model:
1. A ‘glocal’ approach brings together the local expertise of Indian practitioners and academics and the cutting-edge research and international network of UChicago faculty
2. With practitioners as faculty, program participants gain the most applicable and up-to-date knowledge directly from the field
3. The Tata Centre translates evidence from the Research Division’s evaluations and lessons learned during implementation into case studies that government and NGO leaders can learn from
4. Integrative classes promote exchange between sectors and stakeholders, including government, NGOs, industry, and academia
5. An active alumni network will provide participants with ongoing support, networking, and opportunities to attend exclusive events, while also enabling them to help shape future programs
The Centre’s executive education programs aim to reach professionals from central and state governments, public sector corporations, non-profits, NGOs, international foundations, social enterprises, and think tanks.